Monday 8 July 2013

July



Last night Frank stopped by. He is another of the neighbors (his wife is Katie - I am writing this in hopes that it will help me remember).  He was out walking three dogs two of which belong to other neighbors. He came by to introduce himself and make sure we knew enough to lock up our belonging’s as theft is a problem in the area. He actually scared the crap out of us as it was pitch black out and caught us in the middle of dinner. He said he would come by again without the dogs to properly introduce himself.

My toad on steroids was out front again this morning. I will not be going barefoot anywhere for the next six months!

After breakfast we did some homework, it is getting too dark at night we can hardly read. I need to find a lamp. After breakfast and homework Doug took off to go find his friend. That was at around 11AM. I was going to establish a time for him to be back but instead just said oh well you will be back for lunch eventually.

At 6PM (it turns very dark at about 6:30PM) Doug walks in the door “Hey :) ! So what did you do all day”

“Gee Doug, not much. I read for a couple of hours and then WORRIED ABOUT YOU FOR THE LAST 4!”

Doug “see this is what I’m talking about, you always get mad at me”

Fed him dinner and back out he went. He will now start wearing a watch and we will be establishing check in times. In fairness there were only two places he could be if he weren’t actually kidnapped. It’s a relatively safe area. Theft of things - yes. Theft of kids - no. I wasn’t really concerned until the last two hours and then I thought how would I explain this… my kid has been gone for 7 hours and I am just now realizing that he could be missing. 

Summer school starts tomorrow - very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment