Saturday 13 July 2013

July



I decided today that I would not be doing the second week at the Cloud Forest School. Doug is having a great time on his own and clearly does not need me to be there. I on the other hand am not enjoying it. The people I have been working with are all-great but for the cost I am really not learning a thing and my time will be better spent either at the language school up the road or on my own.

My decision was already made but I have to say if it wasn’t, Doug sealed the deal when he told me our bus driver was in the kitchen when I was talking to the cook. He told Douglas that when I thought I was telling her how I made empanadas last night what I actually told her is that I stinked empanadas last night LOL. Clearly I need a real language school and I probably should stop trying to make conversation until then!

Doug and I went back into town after school. Found some new stores, managed to replace my AC adaptor and visited with Miguel. We have decided to go to Puntarenas for the weekend and he was nice enough to give us a list of possible places to stay while we are there.

I also ran into Pax today and had a nice chat. He told me that I might be able to teach yoga at the Bel-Mar, which is one of the local hotels that offer yoga classes.  Something to consider for when Douglas is in school.

We seriously need to move our bananas inside because I can hear the animals walking around on the deck trying to figure out how to get at them. I even hung our garbage in the kitchen and can see where a mouse must have worked for hours unsuccessfully at trying to get at into it. LOL for now at least I feel like I am succeeding at this game of survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment