Wednesday 17 July 2013

CPI School


I’m not saying all of the mice in Costa Rica are gone or that we won’t have another but for last night everything was quiet J

Just in case, I bought some more mouse poison today after school. I walked into Santa Elena and bought some study supplies – paper, poster board, markers etc.  The walk into Santa Elena takes half the time as the walk home as it is completely downhill on the way there and a very steep up hill slope on the way home. The picture does not do it justice but I will bring my camera on the next hike into town.

CPI school was much better than the Cloud Forest School. I am in a class with one other woman, a lawyer named Tracey from Texas and we are both at the same level. The CPI school has all kinds of organized events that you can join, trips to various tourist spots, a cooking class, a movie night, a dance class, a few exercise machines that you can use and a hot tub! Perfecto!! The instructor said Douglas could use it too so I told him to meet me at the CPI after school. This is going to be a fun week.

This has been a very sunny day for Monteverde so I am taking advantage of it and doing a few loads of laundry. I tried bleaching my curtains but even with half a bottle of bleach they still look gross. Oh well, at least all of the bug skeletons are off of them.

I decided to put out the mouse poison just in case and as I did I realized that the poop my so-called mouse left behind is larger than the food I am leaving out. I am now thinking this is no mouse I am dealing with. YIKES!

Isaac and his brother Henry were here when I got home. They are doing all of the repair work at the house. Isaac no habla Ingles but his brother does and he told me everything that they are going to be doing around the house. They have a very long list of repairs. I am so happy to hear that because earlier today I was thinking as much as I love this location I am getting a bit tired of playing survivor. It is exciting for a weekend but a bit too much to deal with for six months. I would like to have a couple of good nights sleep without thinking that something could crawl across my bed at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment