Wednesday 21 August 2013

The attack of the Fig Tree!


F**ing seeds are falling on the tin roof of the main building. They are the size of marbles and it sounds like we are under attack when the wind blows! I asked my landlord what these are and I was informed that they are falling from a fig tree - Higueron in Spanish.





I started going to yoga at the Bel Mar Hotel (http://www.hotelbelmar.net). It is a 20 minute walk, located high up on the mountain, overlooking the ocean on a clear day. It is certainly one of the nicer hotels in the area. I often arrive a half hour early and enjoy some time in the studio or on the porch reading or meditating.



I am back at the CPI school for the week. This time I have chosen to have my lessons in the afternoon so that Douglas can meet me at the school when he is finished an can enjoy the use of the facilities. It is a win win for both of us. I know I should be writing this in Spanish but I am having a private class for four hours every afternoon, my brain is about to explode in Spanish!

The CPI offered us one of their apartments. The price is twice as much as we are paying now but the place is a palace in comparison. After much thought, discussion, consultation etc… we have decided to stay where we are. I cannot even begin to explain all of the considerations that were a part of this decision. The most obvious was wanting to get away from the rat problem and into some place clean however we have a sense of belonging where we are and without going into a bunch of detail, a sense of wanting to do the right thing. I clearly make a better tenant than I do a landlord!



Montezuma Oropendola

These are the nests of the Montezuma Oropendola. The story we were told is that the male bird makes the nest and the female bird comes to check it out. If she doesn't like it the male is out of luck and the female goes looking elsewhere. It's a cute story but I have not found anything on-line to verify this.





No comments:

Post a Comment