Sunday 4 August 2013

Manuel Antonio


It was a long travel morning but we arrived in Quepos by noon. This was the first time I have come to a place without having anything booked in advance. I keep booking places on line and then arriving at the location and either finding something cheaper or more suitable as soon as I arrive so this time we decided to wing it. It was a bit stressful at first but we met a great guy Jaime Peligro who owns a bookstore in town and on the side is the best information centre I have found! He pointed us in the direction of a cheap but sufficient hotel right across the street from the Manuel Antonio beach (7Km outside of Quepos).

Doug took a surfing lesson.

We went back to Quepos in the evening but everything shut down pretty early. I was surprised as this is a reasonably good size town. Doug is very excited about it as they have many skateboard stores.

I have been ripped off for the first time. There is a lot of crime down here and I have been very careful to not carry a lot of cash with me and always safeguard all of my things. It is difficult to apply this rule 100% of the time. My best guess is that I actually never received all of the money out of the bank machine. I didn’t count it so I can’t be sure. Looking back I have chastised myself a hundred times over this. If I didn’t loose it there then somewhere along the line it was stolen. As I said it could have been much worse because I have never carried all of my money with me no matter how much or how little I have had. It is just difficult to get it out of my mind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment