Saturday 10 August 2013

More crops?

We are recovering today. I don’t remember the last time I was that sick! It was really hard to watch Doug go through it only a couple of hours after me as I knew exactly how he was feeling. I was grateful he managed to get some sleep as his illness hit him later in the evening than mine.


Today will be a recovery day and a laundry day.

We did manage to catch two rats. While we were away they got caught in the two traps I has set out. They were dead by the time we got home so the smell wasn’t so pleasant. That didn’t help the already unpleasant evening we were dealing with thanks to the food poisoning.

We saw more “plantations” if you call them that on our way to Manuel Antonio & Dominical. I am wondering if they were tree’s planted for wood??
 



OK a little bit of research tells me that they may be used for palm oil??













What little bit of furniture we have is extremely uncomfortable. We are sick and lack energy to get up and move but my body is in pain from this hard furniture. I am grateful we have not had too many couch days I don’t think my body could take it. We have the new couch that was bought for us. It looks like something from Ikea but is as hard as a rock!
Then there are the two chairs that have been here since the stone age. I usually put a blanket on them before I sit down.


My mattress is also brand new but it is nothing more than a piece of cheap foam so I can't spend too much time on it either. My god we are spoiled at home. In this place I would rather be moving than sitting still. Unfortunately my stomach is not up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment